Friday, August 3, 2012


Monday, 30 July 2012
Day 2 riding

Today’s riding was so much better.  I’m finally getting used to the scooter and am almost always able to take it off / put it on the center stand by myself.  The real challenge has been getting myself on the scooter once it’s off the center stand.  My short legs haven’t yet found a graceful way to get over the “step through” area.  On this X7, the wheels are taller than I’m used to, making the floor board higher.  Plus, the gas tank is there, so there’s an additional hump to get over.  I’ll get the hang of it eventually.

Since I was more relaxed, I was able to pay more attention to the surroundings.  Lovely pasture lands with sheep, cows and horses, vast forests, rolling hills, rain forests, waterfalls.  Bill knows these roads well and picked some beautiful routes.  If every day that follows is like today, I’ll be a happy girl.

Wollomombi Falls was especially pleasant.  It’s in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park, a World Heritage Area.  It’s just a short walk from the parking area.  My pictures don’t do it justice.


No comments: