Friday, August 17, 2012


Tuesday, 07 August 2012
Day 10 riding

We put on fresh, clean clothes (ahhhh), packed up the bikes and left Townsville.  How is that we can’t seem to get on the road before 9am?  Even with (fairly) careful planning and getting up early (kinda), we can’t seem to manage it.  One of these days…

We stopped for fuel in a beautiful, small, seaside village called Cardwell.  Fishing boats were just off shore.  There were islands on the horizon.  I tried negotiating with Ian to stay here for a while.  A couple of hours?  Couple of days?  No! was his answer to both.  Dang!  I might just have to move here.



I had another, closer look at the X7’s back tire.  It will need replacing sooner than I’d hoped.  Ian called Linc at ScootaCo in Cairns to see if he could order one for our service tomorrow.

We found backpackers accommodations in Cairns with room for us for three nights.  Cairns is a nice town but I really don’t want to spend that much time here.  Or anywhere, for that matter.  I’d rather have an extra day to allow for problems on the road / in remote places or get back to Sydney a little early.  The time / distance left to travel is starting to worry me.

I’m still feeling fatigued from fighting this cold but it is better than yesterday.  Hope to be over it soon! 

No comments: