Saturday, August 7, 2010

Monday, 02 August 2010 – a small ride around Seattle – 21.4 miles

Helaine headed off to work and I slept in. (lucky me!)
I didn’t want to risk breaking the trophy the Westenders awarded me so I went to the post office to ship it and other rally goodies home. Afterwards, I rode to Lake Washington and enjoyed a picnic lunch. Nicky and Helaine had shown me this area yesterday and I was glad to have a chance to come back.


I packed up my lunch and walked the few steps to the Museum of History and Industry. I was surprised to see Robert there. I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who got to take advantage of the free pass was included in our rally packs. Yay - love free stuff!



The museum had room after room of interesting and informative displays. I especially liked the recreation of the town in it’s early years. It was just like a movie set. And the exhibit about salmon workers and fisheries was fascinating. I also enjoyed the Women’s Votes, Women’s Voices celebrating 100 years of women obtaining the right to vote in Washington. It’s pretty amazing what these women were able to accomplish!
Here’s a photo of an early UPS truck for my brother-in-law, Thomas.


I headed back to Helaine’s. I tried to fix the zipper on my riding jacket while she prepared a delicious meal of grilled salmon, rice, corn on the cob, and salad picked fresh from her garden. It was fantastic! BIG Thanks to Helaine, her daughter Naomi and her puppy Sam for their warm and gracious hospitality. I hope to see you again soon!

No comments: